About Piedmont Housing Alliance:
Since 1983, Piedmont Housing Alliance’s mission has been to create affordable housing opportunities and foster community through education, lending, and development. Piedmont Housing has been a regional leader in developing multi-family housing with the twin goals of 1) creating and preserving sustainable, affordable apartment homes, and 2) building communities with responsive community management, intentional resident engagement, and robust resident services. As a CDFI and a HUD-certified Housing Counseling agency serving both urban and rural struggling renters and aspiring homebuyers, Piedmont Housing also provides financial education and counseling as well as down payment assistance to income-qualifying clients.
Today, a two-fold urgency compels our growth trajectory. We work amidst a regional housing crisis with rapidly escalating housing costs placing an undue burden on low-wealth families. Relatedly, there is a critical need to redress the historical economic, social and educational barriers faced by these same families. Our Board and staff are concerned with redressing the historical racial barriers in housing, and the resulting inequities in financial assets, wealth, and homeownership carried down across generations. We believe that Piedmont Housing – as a nonprofit housing organization expanding access to homeownership, household financial capacity, and affordable housing – is uniquely situated to address racial equity in housing and community-building across the region.
About the Position:
The Deputy Director will join Piedmont Housing at a pivotal moment in the organization’s growth in a role of significant influence. The Deputy Director will serve as a key figure overseeing the daily operations of the organization, working in partnership with the Executive Director and staff leadership to continue aligning organizational vision with direct resident-client service implementation and staff culture. As an organization in the midst of significant growth, both in scope and staffing, we are navigating embracing change constructively. With this in mind, the Deputy Director will oversee the following aspects of the organization:
- Rental community management and resident services;
- Housing counseling, financial coaching, and economic opportunity programs;
- Administration and human resources.
The Deputy Director will oversee implementation of Piedmont Housing’s mission with a specific focus on:
- A strong client-centric ethos, supporting residents with high quality services reflecting known best practices and promising new approaches;
- Co-building an employee-centric and cross-departmentally collaborative organizational culture;
- Ensuring strong governance and financial structures to support Piedmont Housing’s ability to carry out its mission;
- Continuing to advance an organizational analysis and framework deeply committed to racial equity and justice.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A demonstrated strong track record working in progressively responsible, hands-on leadership roles;
- Experience successfully managing high-performing teams through organizational change and growth;
- Excellent skills in organizational development, with a talent for inspiring staff leadership;
- A background in social services, public health, housing, nonprofit administration, or finance;
- A working knowledge of the challenges and opportunities in the Charlottesville region is an asset, though not a requirement.
See full position description at https://piedmonthousingalliance.org/about/employment/
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by December 15, 2019. Interviews with strong candidates will be scheduled on a rolling basis.
Piedmont Housing Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a team that uplifts and values inclusive policies and equitable practices. Candidates of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, religions, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and abilities are encouraged to apply.