We want Shelterforce‘s content to be of use to the field and generally are happy to have it reprinted.
You may freely use any of our original content (note that we do have some reprinted content on the site) in the ways listed in this section as long as you do the following:
- fill out the form below first to let us know how you are using it
- don’t change or add to the material (this includes keeping all internal links in place).
- Keep the original attributions to the author(s) intact, and include a credit line that reads “This article was original published in Shelterforce.”
- Distributing in a nonprofit training session, conference, classroom, or other educational setting where students are not being charged for materials.
- Sharing copies as part of an advocacy campaign.
- Reprinting in a nonprofit print publication or organizational newsletter, with inclusion of a web address for Shelterforce.
- Reposting an extended excerpt of an article online or in an email newsletter with a “read more” link included to the full content on our site.
If you are interested in reprinting any of our content in any of the following ways (or any other way not covered above), please fill out the form below and we will be in touch with you about permission:
- Commercial or for-profit contexts, including textbooks
- Adaptations or expansions based on our content
- Full reprints online.
Please check the credit and license information for images separately.