CNHED seeks an experienced professional with an energetic, positive, “can-do” attitude to join our entrepreneurial team. The Vice President for Development will work under the supervision of the President/CEO to develop and implement a strategic fundraising plan, expand CNHED’s philanthropic and government funding sources, and strengthen the sustainability of an innovative, growing association advancing community development in the District of Columbia.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the President/CEO to establish and implement a sustainable fundraising strategy with a long-term approach to capturing diverse revenue sources, including grants, contracts, membership dues, sponsorships, earned revenue, etc.
- Identify potential prospects for new funding sources and sponsorships
- Collaborate with the President/CEO to develop and manage key funding relationships
- Develop other resources necessary to support CNHED’s mission
Grant Writing and Reporting
- Collaborate with other CNHED staff to envision, draft, and submit grant and contract proposals
- Track, draft and submit grant and contract reports
- Liaise with other staff to report CNHED accomplishments and activities
- Construct, articulate, and implement an annual strategic development plan
- Monitor and report regularly on the progress of the development program
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required plus advanced degree and 8 - 10 years relevant experience
- Tangible experience of having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships over time
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to take initiative, problem-solve, and think strategically
- Ability to set, manage, and meet multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to interact with diverse individuals and organizations
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of database programs
- Familiarity with the District of Columbia’s philanthropic sector, government contracting, and/or broader community development field preferred
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $110,000 - $120,000, commensurate with experience, education, and track record of accomplishments. CNHED offers a competitive benefits package including 100% health, dental, and vision insurance premium payment, employer retirement contributions, paid vacation and sick leave, teleworking, and an optional deferred salary retirement plan. This position is exempt from overtime wages.
Please email a resume (with " Vice President for Development “in the subject line) along with a cover letter of interest and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. The position is open until filled. References may be required. CNHED is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people of color, women, LGBTQIA+, and people with disabilities to apply.