Position Type: Full-Time Position
EEO Category: Professional
Exempt Status: Exempt
Annual Salary: $54k - $70k, based on experience.
Under general direction from the Director of Programs, this position is responsible for performing professional level work to manage urban and rural programs created to build assets in communities across the country, with a focus on programs that support equitable neighborhood development and small business development. The Senior Manager will also provide technical assistance to help build the capacity of local organizations engaged in providing services to predominantly Latino and Immigrant communities of color. In addition, you may exercise direct supervision over assigned staff.
The National Association for Latino Community Asset Builders (NALCAB) represents and serves 100+ nonprofit organizations across the nation, which includes real estate developers, business lenders, economic development corporations, credit unions, and consumer counseling agencies. NALCAB implements responsible, market-based strategies for strengthening underserved communities, rebuilding the ladder of economic mobility for low- and moderate-income Americans and supporting the economic integration of immigrants through equitable neighborhood development, investing in small business and building family financial wellness. In close alignment with its core programmatic activities, NALCAB operates a fellowship to invest in next-generation leadership within its Network, hosts a national conference and implements a training institute focused on culturally and linguistically relevant asset building services.
Essential Job Functions:
- Design, lead and implement an Equitable Neighborhood Development strategy for responding to neighborhood change, including gentrification and displacement, by utilizing qualitative and quantitative data analysis and mapping.
- Plan, organize, coordinate and supervise the efficient delivery of asset building programs that include grant-making, technical assistance and training for non-profit organizations in rural and urban markets to support, strengthen and expand their asset building programs.
- Assist member organizations by helping to strengthen and grow their programs, apply for funding, develop peer-to-peer networks, and identify best practices.
- Coordinate and facilitate collaborative efforts among multiple nonprofit organizations across multiple markets.
- Document outcomes and compliance with contractual obligations.
- Develop and manage project work-plans and budgets, including consultants, timelines and reporting.
- Supervise staff and support their professional development and growth.
- Draft reports to donors and funders.
- Support the Senior Management team to manage relationships with funders and investors.
- Engage, contract and deploy third party consultants in accordance with NALCAB policies.
- Approximately 25% travel. All travel is within the United States.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university; five (5) or more years’ related experience.
- Graduate degree in Urban Planning, Sociology, City Planning, Public Administration, or similar discipline preferred.
- Affordable housing development experience.
- Small business development experience.
- Economic development experience.
- Non-profit sector experience preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Geographic Information System (GIS) a plus.
- Experienced in community economic development and asset building.
- Understanding of and experience in community development strategies, including real estate development, small business development, lending, financing and economic development.
- Knowledge of techniques for providing technical assistance and training to small business and affordable housing nonprofits.
- Familiarity in program evaluation and planning.
- Proven cultural competency and ability to work in culturally and ethnically diverse environments.
- Outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Skill in utilizing a personal computer and associated software programs, including MS Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Understand and interpret economic and housing data.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Conduct presentations to community stakeholders and government agencies.
- Communicate NALCAB economic development objectives to various stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, management, clients, members, vendors, contract service providers and the general public.
- Work with NALCAB clients and grant sub-recipients to implement housing and economic development programs.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to work independently within a fast-paced environment.
- Perform all the intellectual and analytical requirements of the position, including decision-making.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position primarily performs its duties indoors and is exposed to outdoors weather conditions and/or moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools of controls; reach with hand and arms; climb stairs, climb ladders, balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include heavy visual acuity (close vision and ability to adjust focus) required to perform such activities as preparing and analyzing data and figure, using a computer and extensive reading and proofing. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package including 401k with employer match, paid time off, medical, dental vision, tuition reimbursement, and many other benefits as well as future growth opportunities within the company. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Location of Employment:
San Antonio, Texas
To respond to this opportunity, please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, please add Senior Manager Position in the subject line.