The Special Assistant is responsible for supporting the Executive Director with a wide range of analytical tasks to enhance the Executive Director’s efficiency and effectiveness on a day-to-day basis, as well as logistical support related to scheduling and traveling. The candidate should be prepared for a fast-paced work environment that requires learning on a day-to-day basis. This is not an administrative assistant position.
- Conduct research and analysis;
- Prepare draft correspondence and other draft written material;
- Support grant writing and drafting reports;
- Support the organization’s impact and evaluation work;
- Assist in the communication on behalf of the executive director with the NALCAB Board of Directors, funders, members, or other stakeholders;
- Work with and communicate with staff across programs and departments;
- Manage the Executive Director’s calendar and travel logistics;
- Assist the Executive Director to prepare for meetings;
- Accompany the Executive Director to meetings and support follow-up;
- Support other NALCAB teams as directed;
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Skill in utilizing a personal computer and associated software programs.
- Experience in working with national and community-based nonprofits preferred.
- Ability to interpret and analyze complex public policy documents and reports.
- Ability to work and interact with diverse coalitions of nonprofit, government and corporate partners.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently as needed.
- Ability to perform all the intellectual and analytical requirements of the position, including decision-making.
- Bilingual a plus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position primarily performs its duties indoors and is exposed to outdoors weather conditions and/or moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position requires travel approximately quarterly.
Location of Employment:
San Antonio, Texas
Please provide your contact information and resume here.
NALCAB is an equal opportunity employer.