RHLS seeks an experienced transactional attorney who is self-starting, and team-oriented to fill the position of Senior Staff Attorney for its Housing Development Legal Services team. This team currently includes 5 attorneys, who provide legal counsel and representation to nonprofit organizations engaging in affordable housing and community development activities. The Senior Staff Attorney will primarily be representing nonprofit clients in the development of housing funded by Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC).
The Housing Development Legal Services team assists approximately 60 community-based organizations each year and provides counseling and legal representation to organizational clients on a range of affordable residential projects, primarily utilizing Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC). The team also engages in other projects to support the expansion of affordable housing in Pennsylvania.
- Act as lead attorney, fully managing their own transactions, on multiple LIHTC transactions at various stages of development at a time.
- Provide support and backup on transactional including real estate and financing matters to other attorneys, as needed.
- Support the implementation of RHLS’ diversity, equity and inclusion principles.
- This role will periodically require work beyond typical office hours, especially in preparation for transaction closings.
- After RHLS returns to working in the office, travel may be required for client work as well as for periodic travel to the main office.
- Juris Doctor (JD) required.
- Admission to the bar in any U.S. state required with the ability to become licensed to practice in Pennsylvania within six months of hire.
- Strong preference for candidates with 8 years (or more) of experience and the ability to act as lead attorney on LIHTC transactions.
- Candidates with less than 8 years of experience, but with demonstrated ability to act as lead on LIHTC transactions and those with 8 or more years of experience in real estate finance or other comparable areas with demonstrated ability to quickly learn new areas will also be considered.
- A demonstrated ability to counsel clients on key business issues and to create and maintain key organizational relationships.
- Expertise in a range of affordable, sustainable housing issues.
- A demonstrated commitment to economic and racial justice.
- The ability to work with racially and economically diverse groups with varied experiences and perspectives.
For full listing and to apply, click here.