Way Finders, Inc. is currently seeking an experienced affordable housing development professional to join its Real Estate Development team as a Senior Project Manager.
About the Organization
With headquarters located in Springfield, Massachusetts, Way Finders, Inc. is a mission-oriented, nonprofit organization offering a fast-paced, professional work environment focused on achievement. We employ individuals with a strong commitment to excellence, a collaborative nature and the desire to make a difference.
Way Finders, Inc. is recognized as the premier affordable housing developer in Western Massachusetts. Our hands-on approach to the creation of affordable housing has created an active pipeline of housing projects in various stages of development throughout Hampden and Hampshire Counties. We are pleased to present this excellent opportunity for a seasoned, affordable housing professional to join us as an integral part of our real estate development team.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President (SVP) of Real Estate Development, the Senior Project Manager is a key member of the Real Estate Development team. With a keen understanding of affordable multi-family housing development, our desired candidate will support the SVP with advancing department-specific policies, procedures and management goals while also managing the day-to-day operations of multiple development projects. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, developing and maintaining project budgets, vendor contract management and bidding, collaboration with local partners and working with third party lenders and regulatory agencies to ensure all cost, quality, and schedule objectives are achieved. The Senior Project Manager will be familiar with the creation of affordable housing development budgets using public and private financing sources and be familiar with the regulatory and permitting issues associated with this funding. Candidates should have experience with the Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC), Historic Tax Credit Programs and other affordable housing financing sources.
The Senior Project Manager will work independently to recognize new development opportunities and successfully navigate those projects from concept to completion. This individual will be a problem solver, capable of identifying and implementing strategies to meet project goals and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for representing the organization at all manner of hearings, meetings and events in connection with proposed developments, as well as forming relationships with members of the public, funders and government officials.
- Support SVP of Real Estate Development in creation, implementation and ongoing evaluation of department policies and procedures, strategic planning and administrative budgeting;
- Coordinating, planning and implementing all aspects of residential development projects;
- Secure funding commitments for projects, including pre-development, interim financing, permanent debt, equity investments, and public or private subsidies;
- Build and maintain a pipeline of affordable housing and mixed-use projects;
- Create, monitor and manage project budgets;
- Leads the project team of architects, engineers, contractors, property management and other professionals, with limited supervision, to achieve the objectives of the project;
- Manage the project invoice and requisition process in coordination of Way Finders’ Fiscal Office;
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with Way Finders’ partners, including neighborhood and community organizations, public officials, funders, local sponsors and stakeholders to foster support for affordable housing development;
- Coordinate permitting, zoning and environmental review for projects as required;
- Obtain required public approvals for projects;
- Coordinate closings; and
- Manage projects during construction.
Education and Experience
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 7 years’ experience in real estate development, including LIHTC development, mixed-finance transactions or other equivalent experience. Law degree (JD) with focus on community development/real estate or master's degree in real estate, planning, business or a related field preferred.
Strong candidates will also possess the following qualities:
- Methodical, organized, excellent attention to detail and stickler for accuracy;
- Able to plan efficiently and prioritize tasks, with limited oversight;
- Flexible attitude, hard-worker, and proactive team player.
The salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. Applications accepted until position is filled. Interested candidates must include a resume, and cover letter.
Way Finders is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks a diverse staff in order to reflect our community and those we serve. Qualified individuals from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. This position is available to all without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation or veteran status. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals.