Are you a dedicated, goal-oriented HR professional with experience in Recruiting looking for a multi-faceted role in a fast-paced environment? We are looking for a recruiter who enjoys networking, fostering personal interactions, and searching for a diverse pool of candidates. Do you have a passion for making an impact in the nonprofit sector and looking to advocate for affordable housing?
Compass is hiring for a Recruiter!
**Effective 12/6/2021 all new hires to Compass Housing Alliance are required as a pre-condition of employment to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to their start date.
ABOUT THE POSITION: As a key member of the Human Resources team, the Recruiter will provide full cycle recruiting services from talent sourcing and attracting qualified candidates, to interviewing and hiring employees. They will research, develop, and implement effective recruiting and staffing strategies to attract a diverse pool of qualified and capable talent for the organization. The Recruiter will collaborate with hiring managers and Human Resources to determine job requirements and hiring criteria. They will provide support throughout the screening process and serve as a main point of contact for candidates.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: Compass Housing Alliance develops and provides essential services and affordable housing for individuals and families experiencing housing instability in the greater Puget Sound region. We envision a world in which every person lives in a safe and caring community. Compass offers an open, supportive, and challenging work environment committed to promoting the dignity and well-being of each person that we serve. We consider the diversity of the staff, guests, residents, and community partners to be an important asset. We recognize the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to the organization. To learn more about the agency visit www.compasshousingalliance.org.
REPORTS TO: Director of Human Resources
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SCHEDULE: Weekdays with occasional evenings as needed for special events. (HR business hours are 9am-5pm Monday-Friday)
SALARY RANGE: $20-26 per hour DOE
FULL-TIME BENEFITS INCLUDE: Unlimited Orca Transportation Pass, Medical/Prescription/Vision, Dental, $500 Health Flexible Spending Account 4 Weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO) & 11 Paid Holidays, Retirement Plan, Employee Assistance Program
- Work experience is a key factor for success in this role. In addition, success in this role requires a passion for knowledge and drive for continuing professional development or education. A degree or certification in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field would be seen a compliment to the required experience.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in recruiting and sourcing, required.
- 1+ years’ experience in a non-profit or government human/social services setting, desired.
- Proven work experience providing recruiting services, either in-house or at a staffing agency, required.
- Experience working in a high-turnover, variable hour industries (such as retail, social services), desired.
- Awareness and/or training around issues of equity, intersectionality, and belonging.
- Familiarity with topics of housing instability, mental health, substance use, sexual assault, and/or domestic violence, desired.
- Valid WA driver’s license, proof of car insurance, and a driving record that meets Compass standards, required.
HOW TO APPLY?
Complete the online application through our website at www.compasshousingalliance.org/employment/
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Compass Housing Alliance is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and treats all employees and applicants equally without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, creed, disability, familial status, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, parental status, political ideology, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, use of section 8 certificate, use of service animal, and all other groups protected by law, and promotes diversity in its workforce. Compass Housing Alliance takes affirmative action to implement programs and maintain practices and policies that eliminate barriers to equal employment opportunity. Our program is available for review by employees and applicants for employment in the Human Resources Office during regular office hours. In compliance with the ADA Amendment Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department via phone at 206-474-1100 or via e-mail at HRInfo@compasshousingalliance.org.