The Real Estate Specialist will be an integral member of BCL of Texas’s Community Development Team and affiliate company, Texas Community Builders. Texas Community Builders is a real estate development organization. We maintain a portfolio of single family, multifamily and commercial properties throughout the state, including in both urban and rural markets. The Specialist will assist with property and facilities management, resident relations and vendor relations. The Specialist will report to the Director of Community Development. The Specialist will support the Director on affordable housing and real estate development project activities including acquisitions, construction oversight, and sales and lease up.
- Lead quality day‐to‐day property management operations to ensure tenant satisfaction and retention, and maintain relationships and supervision with on‐site building
- Develop new and robust resident services programming.
- Draft and revise policies and procedures for property management, including internal and external processes.
- Assist the Director with strategic community development initiatives, including identifying and evaluating new real estate projects, grant opportunities, partnerships and collaborations. Support the Director in the asset management of the real estate portfolio, including monitoring and reporting financial performance of rental properties.
- Monitor market conditions a number of Texas geographies including Austin, Dallas, San Antonio and various rural areas, and regularly and communicate any market changes that need to be addressed, including changes in rental rates and price reductions.
- Continually enhance industry knowledge and expertise through real estate and property management publications, newsletters, reports and seminars.
- Provide construction oversight support for development projects and property repairs and improvements.
- Follow current applicable landlord‐tenant and fair housing laws.
- Perform regular site inspections for existing properties in portfolio, evaluating and highlighting any maintenance and repair needs.
- Work closely with accounting department to monitor and management accounts receivables and payables for properties.
- Facilities management of BCL’s office locations to include vendor relations for cleaning and maintenance of facility equipment, including HVAC and office appliances.
- Assist with special projects within Community Development.
- Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, real estate, finance, business, public administration or other related fields.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in property management, real estate, affordable housing, or community development.
- Holds a valid driver's license and comfortable with occasional travel to properties and meetings, which can include driving for several hours at a time.
- Understanding of real estate finance, property management, fair housing, and government affordable housing programs.
- Commitment to mission‐driven work.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Self‐starter who works well in teams and is also able to work independently without constant supervision or direction and who is able to handle a high level of responsibility.
- Mastery of spreadsheet software i.e., Excel.
- Ability to deal effectively with deadlines and balance and prioritize a diverse workload.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co‐workers, customers, lenders, investors, other agencies, and the general public.
- Compassion and understanding of diverse cultures and low‐ and moderate‐income households.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus but not required
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus but not required
The following are required and must be emailed:
- Professional reference list with contact information
- Cover Letter (a letter that explains) your interest in working for BCL and the experiences, skills, and education/training you have had that you think are most relevant to this position
For more information regarding the position, please contact David Dinoff via email ONLY at email@example.com. Telephone inquiries will not be returned.