Are you interested in work that makes a difference in the lives of others? At Way Finders, we light pathways and open doors to homes and communities where people thrive. Way Finders is the largest affordable housing organization in western Massachusetts. Since 1983, our Real Estate Division has transformed neighborhoods through the design and planning of new housing and the acquisition and renovation of existing properties. The most recent additions to our portfolio of affordable housing for low-income families include Live 155 and The Lumber Yard in Northampton and Library Commons in Holyoke.
Way Finders is a mission-oriented nonprofit organization that offers a fast-paced, professional work environment focused on achievement. We employ individuals with a strong commitment to excellence, a collaborative nature and the desire to make a difference. Way Finders currently has an exciting opportunity for a Real Estate Project Associate.
The Project Associate provides technical assistance, database management, research, and contributes to other operational activities in the real estate division, including the Real Estate Development and Property and Asset Management departments. Currently, this position will be required to work in a hybrid remote environment. Employees must reside in Massachusetts or Connecticut.
- Maintain databases including data gathering, data input, and quality control; Research and recommend data management solutions and improvements
- Generate complex reporting for input into enterprise-wide systems for communication to internal and external audiences
- Conduct community demographic, market, real estate, social service, and legislative research and analysis from a variety of sources
- Draft, prepare and/or edit policies, and maintain, general and standard operation procedures, and other key documents
- Participate in the selection of professional services (architects, contractors, environmental engineers, etc.)
- Develop and implement improved operational efficiencies and process improvement
- Contribute to securing grant funding, commitments for projects, and public or private subsidies
- Lead or manage ad hoc projects as assigned
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with partners, local and state agencies, private parties, other nonprofit organizations, or other entities as appropriate
- Perform essential support functions, potentially include taking minutes at meetings and coordinating communication with the project team
- BA required or commensurate experience. Advanced degree preferred
- Five years' experience in related role or field
- Creative problem-solving skills, including critical decision-making and the ability to manage complex tasks with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills with strict attention to detail; meeting facilitation and small group public speaking skills
- Strong organizational skills with a track record of meeting short- and long-term responsibilities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven organization
- Excellent research skills and analytical thinking, with confidence to apply research results to fact patterns to propose conclusions or solutions
- Strong Microsoft office skills, particularly in Excel, database reporting
- Able to succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong administrative skills and ability to prioritize, delegate, and meet deadlines
- Must have a valid driver's license and access to reliable transportation
Wage between $47,305 and $60,314 depending on education and experience. Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and resume; applications are accepted until the position is filled.
Way Finders is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks a diverse staff in order to reflect our community and those we serve. Qualified individuals from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. This position is available to all without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or veteran status. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals.