ABOUT THE POSITION:
This position oversees all aspects of the assigned program(s). The primary role of the Program Manager is to ensure service delivery consistent with the Compass mission, values, and vision through appropriate planning, implementation, operation, and evaluation of assigned program(s). The Program Manager also seeks meaningful cross-program collaborations through knowledge of other agency programs, initiatives, and strategic plans.
**Effective 12/16/2021, all new hires to Compass are required as a pre-condition of employment to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to their start date.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
Jan & Peter’s Place Women’s Shelter provides a safe and warm place to sleep each night for 40 female-identifying guests experiencing homelessness. Guests are served dinner and breakfast at the shelter and have access to case management and support services.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Compass Housing Alliance develops and provides essential services and affordable housing for individuals and families experiencing housing instability in the greater Puget Sound region. We envision a world in which every person lives in a safe and caring community. Compass offers an open, supportive, and challenging work environment committed to promoting the dignity and well-being of each person that we serve. We consider the diversity of the staff, guests, residents, and community partners to be an important asset. We recognize the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to the organization. To learn more about the agency visit www.compasshousingalliance.org.
LOCATION: North Beacon Hill Neighborhood (Seattle, WA)
REPORTS TO: Director of Emergency Services
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SCHEDULE: Weekdays plus evenings & weekends as needed for emergencies
SALARY RANGE: $62,000-$68,000 Annual DOE
- Work experience is a key factor for success in this role. In addition, success in this role requires a passion for knowledge and drive for continuing professional development or education. Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field would be a compliment to the required experience.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a human service setting, desired.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in direct supervision/management of people, desired.
- Experience in developing and enforcing operating and services procedures, identifying, and implementing best practices in working with homeless individuals, required.
- Experience in outreach, case management and other direct service delivery for homeless families and individuals, required.
- Awareness and/or training around issues of equity, intersectionality, and belonging.
- Current WA State Food Handlers Permit, desired (If not current, will be sponsored within 1-month of hire).
- Familiarity with topics of housing instability, mental health, substance use, sexual assault, and/or domestic violence, required.
- Valid WA driver’s license, proof of car insurance, and a driving record that meets Compass standards, required.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please visit our website for more details and complete an application at http://www.compasshousingalliance.org/employment/
EQUAL OPPURTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
Compass Housing Alliance is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and treats all employees and applicants equally without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, creed, disability, familial status, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, parental status, political ideology, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, use of section 8 certificate, use of service animal, and all other groups protected by law, and promotes diversity in its workforce. Compass Housing Alliance takes affirmative action to implement programs and maintain practices and policies that eliminate barriers to equal employment opportunity. Our program is available for review by employees and applicants for employment in the Human Resources Office during regular office hours.