Reinvestment Fund is a national community development financial institution and catalyst for change in low-income communities. We integrate data, policy and strategic investments to improve the quality of life in low-income neighborhoods. Using analytical and financial tools, we bring high-quality grocery stores, affordable housing, schools and health centers to the communities that need better access—creating anchors that attract investment over the long term and help families lead healthier, more productive lives. Reinvestment Fund offers its staff an unrivaled platform to combine business acumen and financial skills with social mission. In addition to our core lending activities, Reinvestment Fund also manages several initiatives with the support of local or national foundations, and state, local and federal public agencies and governments.
About The Position:
Reinvestment Fund is currently seeking a Program Associate to join its program team to support the implementation of a number of national and regional program initiatives. The multi-sector initiatives program team at Reinvestment Fund focuses on the design, implementation, and evaluation of initiatives such as the national Invest Health and the regional Building Healthier, More Equitable Communities (BHEC) in New Jersey initiatives. Invest Health is a pioneering collaboration between Reinvestment Fund and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF). Invest Health was designed to empower multi-sector leaders representing the public, community development, healthcare, finance and other sectors in small to mid-size cities across the country working to improve community health and wellbeing and advance a more equitable community investment system.
An adaptation of Invest Health, also supported by RWJF, BHEC is a single state initiative that aims to address the social determinants of health through changes to the built environment and the community investment system in selected New Jersey cities, including support for efforts around equitable recovery from the current health and economic crisis. Leading with an equity frame, Reinvestment Fund is working with the selected multi-sector collaborations from the four BHEC cities to build partnerships, support advocacy, and align resources, through targeted facilitation, convening, and other supports, in response to the challenges that communities currently face as they plan for an equitable recovery and advancement of community development priorities.
The Program Associate position is a grant-funded position categorized as regular full time. Reporting directly to the Program Director for Invest Health and BHEC, the Program Associate will support successful implementation of the above programs, as well as others within the Program Department, and as needed across the organization. The Program Associate will be expected to work independently and collaboratively with program staff, participants, consultants, vendors, and other constituents through supporting the planning and implementation activities in the following areas: quality assurance and customer service; meeting logistics support; web and social media content; expense and vendor management; database management; research and evaluation support; and other administrative support.
This is an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated individual with both a team approach and systems-oriented thinking and skills to help grow, further develop, and implement innovative programs.
The successful candidate will have experience managing multi-faceted projects involving a large number of external constituents; excellent analytical, interpersonal, organizational, and writing (creative and informational) skills; and the exercise of extensive discretion, independent judgment, and political acumen. The ideal candidate has knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas: cross-sector collaboration, grant/contract management, event planning, information/database management, health disparities, research and evaluation, and program or project management.
Some travel to perform field work will be required, following CDC guidance and Reinvestment Fund travel policy. Estimated travel: 10% - 20% annually (primarily to Philadelphia and New Jersey, but occasionally nationally).
- Assist Director in program implementation, ensuring achievement of milestones and overall program goals within budget and approved timeline.
- Support research, development and dissemination of program communications including drafting and editing web content, newsletters, and marketing materials. Creating and implementing outreach plans.
- Coordinate logistics for programmatic meetings, including webinars and regional convenings for program participants; planning and evaluation meetings; and other meetings with internal and external constituents.
- Ensure budget adherence including - alerting and reporting on variances.
- Implement high-quality customer service plan to support program participants and consultants.
- Assist in evaluating program outcomes, data, and results and support communication of lessons learned to a broad audience.
- Support grant/contract processes, compliance and reporting, including management of re-grants to participating cities and monitoring budget and narrative reports.
- Provide assistance to applicants and grantees regarding re-grant applications, re-grant documentation, funding disbursements, budget and workplan compliance and reporting, and closure process.
- Monitor vendor contracts with a wide variety of vendors to support program implementation, including payment, compliance, and reporting.
- Maintain project files in excellent condition and consistent with organizational policy and departmental procedures, with sufficient documentation for third-party review, prepare files for timely audits.
- Support broader departmental and organizational activities that are aligned with furthering Reinvestment Fund’s mission and growth of the program department.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree
- At least 3 years of work experience (or combined work and graduate education) working in financial analysis, grants management, and/or program management.
- Ability to work with diverse individuals, communities, and groups on complex issues.
- Outstanding customer service skills and commitment.
- Demonstrated strong program management skills, including organization, time management, defining and setting priorities, and problem-solving.
- Demonstrated interest in or experience with one or more of Reinvestment Fund’s program areas including community development, social determinants of health, or sustainability.
- Proficient in using technology as a management reporting tool and experience working with information technology staff to develop and implement project management and program evaluation systems.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office – Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
Reinvestment Fund has offices in Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Atlanta. The Program Associate may be located in any of those locations. Reinvestment Fund is maintaining a 100% remote work environment through at least January 1st, 2022 due to COVID.
Compensation And Benefits:
Reinvestment Fund offers a competitive salary based on experience and skills, as well as an excellent benefits package including employer-paid health, disability and life insurance, 401(k) savings plan with employer match, flexible spending accounts (medical, dependent care and transportation), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, EAP program, and professional development opportunities.
Please complete the online application at www.reinvestment.com/career and attach your resume and a cover letter.
Reinvestment Fund uses E-Verify to validate all new hires’ ability to legally work in the United States. Reinvestment Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reinvestment Fund does not discriminate in hiring or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, national origin, non-job related disabilities, or status as a veteran.
Reinvestment Fund, Inc. has an affiliate, RF Impact Advisers, Inc. (“RFIA”) that is a state-registered investment adviser. In order to advance compliance with and prevent violations of federal and state securities laws and to avoid even the appearance of a conflict of interest, RFIA has adopted a Code of Ethics to govern certain conduct of its staff, including certain staff of Reinvestment Fund because Reinvestment Fund is an advisory affiliate of RFIA. As part of this Code of Ethics, there are specific personal reporting and other requirements and disclosures of personal financial and/or securities transactions information. For certain individuals this reporting will extend to your household members. You may be subject to a background check.