Berkshire Housing Development Corporation & Berkshire Housing Services, Inc
Berkshire Housing seeks a President to help further the organization’s vision to improve the quality of life for residents of Berkshire County by increasing affordable housing opportunities, delivering community development programs and projects, and operating a professional management company.
Berkshire Housing Development Corporation has developed 22 rental apartment complexes including the conversion of three former school buildings, two hotels, a former nursing home and a YMCA building. BHDC has an affordable housing development pipeline that includes two Low Income Housing Tax Credit funded rental projects totaling 97 units under construction and is also serving as Development Consultant to two nonprofit homeless providers on the relocation and redevelopment of two emergency shelters.
Berkshire Housing administers the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher rental assistance program in Berkshire County, serving more than 586 low-income families who reside in privately owned housing throughout the County. Berkshire Housing also assists families who are homeless or at risk of homelessness by providing housing counseling and financial assistance through the state funded RAFT program and the HomeBASE Program. Almost 200 households each year remain or secure safe, affordable housing through these initiatives.
BHDC, in partnership with Berkshire County Regional Housing Authority (BCRHA) operates the region’s Housing Consumer Education Center (HCEC). Our HCEC serves as a single source of information, referrals and services for anyone with a housing related issue. Through our programs and supports, we strive to prevent homelessness, foster economic self-sufficiency, and ensure housing stability for everyone in the Berkshire County area. Annually over 3,000 housing unstable clients receive assistance through the Berkshire HCEC.
Berkshire Housing Services Inc, BHDC’s real estate management subsidiary, is a highly skilled professional organization with a staff of 45 people working both in the central office and in the properties under management. BHSI is the largest private management company in Berkshire County with a portfolio of 25 properties valued over $250 million.
The successful candidate will be passionate about leading and advancing the organizations’ initiatives and mission, provide sound fiscal management, while building positive relationships with all constituents. The President must also demonstrate strong moral integrity in all aspects of their leadership and be committed to fighting poverty and discrimination of all types.
- Minimum 10 years of leadership experience in housing and community development
- Knowledgeable about state and federal policies regarding housing and community development
- Demonstrated experience managing an organization with multiple programs and multiple entities and building relationships with community leaders and the ability to collaborate with partners
- A successful record of creating and implementing housing and community development programs and projects.
- Proven ability to develop and execute strategic plans, manage budgets, lead financial planning and data analysis
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s Degree preferred) from an accredited college or university
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Ability to prepare effective narrative reports and business correspondence
- Excellent motivational and leadership skills, ability to evaluate personnel, and coordinate a diverse cross section of staff members and the community we serve
- Competitive compensation and benefit package.
- One of the truly great benefits is living in the Berkshires itself. The quality of life in the Berkshires is one of the best in the world while maintaining a stunningly beautiful natural environment. There is world class dance, theater, museums, film, music and food. The Berkshires also has fantastic state and local parks, great hiking and cycling, many lakes, and four ski areas.
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume to HR Director email dmcginness@Berkshirehousing.com