The Prosperity Agenda (TPA)
Our human-centered design approach centers on our belief that all people are resilient and resourceful. Through our work, we challenge where an underlying narrative exists that “the poor,” particularly people of color, lack motivation and discipline, and therefore deserve to live in poverty. We directly consult with families living in poverty, tapping their insights and resourcefulness to design solutions that promote and amplify their resilience. Our solutions shift mindsets to support more authentic partnerships with families living in poverty, thus changing organizational cultures to move toward one that is person-focused and respectful of the unique assets within each family.
Fundamental to our work is a deep commitment to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. Our human capital—staff, board members, and our broad network—is the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, and unique capabilities that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and organization’s achievements.
Position Application Requirements
All interested candidates are required to submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter must demonstrate how your work experience aligns with these sections below: “What Your Mission Is” and “What You’ll Accomplish.”
What Your Mission Is:
The mission for the Innovation Marketplace’s Learning Manager is to create and manage meaningful learning experiences for partners to employ our products and services and ultimately promote better outcomes for individuals and families experiencing poverty. Our partners often include human service providers (nonprofits & government), financial institutions, and related employers.
TPA’s Innovation Lab & Marketplace:
The Innovation Lab’s rigorous design process helps us see things as they are through research and cautious curiosity. We start small and measure impact in real time. As we test solutions in quick cycles, we can iterate quickly on the direct feedback from families and staff. This allows us to continuously improve and ensure that we are meeting the needs of those experiencing poverty.
The Innovation Marketplace amplifies our ability to change the experience of families by widely distributing our products and services, continuing to preserve our accountability through far-reaching and accessible feedback loops, and driving revenue to strengthen our internal sustainability and autonomy.
What You’ll Accomplish:
Manage the partner experience for the customers who interact with our learning tools online and who contract with TPA to receive learning experiences. This includes responsive communication by email and phone to ensure that customers have clear expectations of services and shared responsibilities, such as learning objectives, travel, venue, learning resources, and service agreements and billing.
Design & Facilitation
Design and facilitate testable learning experiences from concepts that originate from TPA’s human-centered design process. This includes design of all the processes, tools, and events that make up the learning experiences that we provide—such as learning journeys, self-guided learning documents & tools, and both online live training curriculum and events (from one hour to multi-day), as well as facilitation and co-facilitation of learning events in a variety of national locations.
Measurement & Analysis
Co-design and perform ongoing measurement and analysis that captures the customer and participant experience to ensure customer satisfaction and inform new design that supports our theory of change. This includes a variety of functional feedback loops, such as interviews, focus groups, surveys, and online analytics.
Manage the operations of learning events, including logistics, platforms, and staffing. For training consultants and supporting staff, provide the onboarding, systems, and feedback needed to consistently deliver meaningful learning experiences that reflect TPA’s values and mission. Also, collaborate with technical and design consultants to oversee online and print-ready learning platforms and tools.
What You’ll Bring:
- 5-10 years of experience in training, coaching, and managing teams and partnerships.
- Familiarity with coaching (especially within human services), human-centered design, and program development.
- Ability to travel nationally 3-5 days monthly.
- Experience working on poverty-related issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Compensation & Benefits:
- Full-Time position with competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Commuter Benefit: Partial reimbursement monthly for public transit costs.
- Paid holiday and vacation time: 20 days annually in addition to (paid) office closings the last week of August and December.
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance (75% Paid by Employer).
- 403(b) retirement accounts.
- A supportive, team culture driven by transparency and respect in which every person
has equal opportunity to inform and lead ideas that increase our impact.
- Opportunity for growth and development in a flexible, family-friendly work schedule that is risk-friendly to the creative process
Seattle, WA or Philadelphia, PA Preferred. Potential for other locations.
TPA’s Diversity & Inclusion Commitment
We embrace our employees’ differences in age, race, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
The Prosperity Agenda’s diversity initiatives are applicable—but not limited—to our practices
and policies that include:
- Respectful communication and cooperation between all employees.
- Teamwork and employee participation, permitting the representation of all groups and employee perspectives.
- Work-life balance through flexible work schedules to accommodate employees’ varying needs.
- Employer and employee contributions to the communities we serve to promote a
greater understanding and respect for the diversity.
- All employees of The Prosperity Agenda have a responsibility to treat others with dignity and respect at all times.
- All employees are expected to exhibit conduct that reflects inclusion during work, at work functions on or off the work site, and at all other organization-sponsored and participative events.
- All employees are also required to attend and complete annual diversity awareness training to enhance their knowledge to fulfill this responsibility.