CA CLT NETWORK
COLLABORATIVE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (Remote Work Position) Physical office in Berkeley, CA.
The California Community Land Trust Network (CACLTN) seeks an initial Executive Director to support the organization in its transition from a member and volunteer board-led organization to a fully staffed one while maintaining the collaborative member relationships and member-centric structure.
The CACLTN has grown from an informal association to membership 501(c)3 organization of nearly 30 Community Land Trusts (CLT’s) across California. CACLTN serves to support the work of its member organizations and communities through state level policy,advocacy, member and community conferences, peer-peer training, and capacity building through the CA CLT Academy, and development of financial / legal tools to enhance CLT development in California.
The Executive Director will report to the CACLTN Executive Committee (EC) and work closely with the members of CACLTN’s Board of Directors, leaders of our member organizations as well as the members of the CACLTN Policy Committee to implement the scope of work.
Hours: Full-time permanent employee position
Compensation: Starting salary of $72,000 to $80,000. CACLTN offers a competitive package of benefits, including opportunities for professional training / cross training, sick/vacation/family leave, flexible work schedule, and health benefits.
Short Job Description (full pdf here):
Working in collaboration with the board of directors, the new ED will be expected to oversee and coordinate the following areas of the organization's activities:
(1) ORGANIZATIONAL MANAGEMENT - Provide managerial and implementation support to the Board of Directors in developing organizational systems, hiring of additional support staff, and day to day financial management.
(2) ANNUAL CONFERENCES Provide primary leadership/ logistics coordination for annual conferences and membership meetings
(3) PROGRAM MANAGEMENT Provide managerial oversight / support for CACLTN’s four core areas of member led programmatic work including
POLICY - support the work of our policy committee and member advocatesto advance policies benefiting CLT's across California
EDUCATION and CAPACITY BUILDING including administrative support for the launch of the California CLT Academy program
FINANCE: support members work developing innovate CLT finance program
CLT RESEARCH and census : oversee work by our research partners into the state of the CLT movement in California and help disseminate our findings
(4) FUNDRAISING AND DEVELOPMENT
Minimum Applicant Requirements
● An associate’s degree
● At least 3 years of work and leadership experience in mid-level nonprofit positions of increasing responsiblity
● Ability to work remotely and independently with minimal direct supervision
● Excellent interpersonal skills
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Excellent managerial skills and follow-through.
● Ability to work with and support the diversity of member CLT organizations across California.
● Willingness and ability to work occasional evenings and weekends,
● Ability to conduct presentations to stakeholders ranging from state policy makers to local community organizations
● Bachelor’s or Master's degree
○ 4+ years of work experience in mid-level or executive nonprofit positions may be substituted
● Significant expertise and familiarity with the Community Land Trust model, community development, and CACLTN’s member organizations
● Bilingual and biliterate in English and Spanish
● Familiarity and willingness to receive training in nonviolent communication,mediation, and restorative/transformative justice practices
Please submit a resume, three professional references, and letter of interest to email@example.com no later than October 30th, 2020 for full consideration. Applications after that date may be considered if the position is not yet filled.