Application Deadline: August 21, 2020 at 5pm EST.
Apply online at: www.charlottesville.gov/jobs
The City of Charlottesville is seeking qualified candidates to be considered for the position of Housing Program Coordinator who are highly motivated and who strives for success by demonstrating Charlottesville's Core Values of Leadership, Trust, Creativity, Respect, and Excellence.
The Housing Program Coordinator position performs responsible professional work in the handling of a variety of assignments in the Housing and Redevelopment Division of the City Manager’s Office and does related work as required. Work is performed under the regular supervision of the Redevelopment Manager and supervision is exercised over subordinate personnel. Primarily and most frequently, work done is performed independently with diverse functional aptitude related to affordable housing, grants, and planning. The ability to effectively communicate with and train others is incumbent.
The salary range will be between $56,492.80 and $93,213.12 annually. This is a full-time, exempt, position. Starting offer is based on applicable education, experience, and internal equity. The position also provides excellent benefits including 12 paid holidays, paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance options with employer contribution, employer-paid life insurance, City's retirement options, and continuing education/training opportunities.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive professional work in affordable housing policy, planning and development related work.
- Master's Degree in Public Administration, Policy Studies, Planning, Architecture or closely related field is preferred.
- Housing Development Finance Certification or equivalent preferred.
- Work experience with managing projects which involve politically sensitive or controversial issues.
- Senior level work experience in an office/department/division of housing for a city or county, housing trust, Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) entity, housing authority, public housing management company, or non-profit housing provider, resource leveraging.
- Senior level work experience within the non-profit or for-profit affordable housing development arena.
To view the complete posting, job information, and to apply, visit our employment website listed. Applications are only accepted online through our employment page and must be submitted prior to the listed closing date and time.
The City of Charlottesville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Values Diversity at All Levels of its Workforce.