Department: Homeownership and Neighborhood Programs
Supervisor: Director of Homeownership Programs
Status: Full-Time; Exempt
Compensation: $49,000 to $65,000; commensurate with experience
Habitat for Humanity Portland Region revitalizes neighborhoods, builds affordable and sustainable homes, and empowers families through successful homeownership. Habitat for Humanity Portland Region is an independent affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, a global home building movement and top private home builder in the country. By providing affordable housing, home repairs, skilled construction training, financial education, and volunteer opportunities, the organization has transformed millions of lives, helped stabilize communities and fostered economic vitality in the region.
Note to Candidates
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every single one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organization and we are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of the qualification requirements as described.
The Homeownership Program Manager is responsible for oversight of the Habitat for Humanity Homeownership Program including selection of new homebuyers and support of future homeowners through the Habitat program. This includes supportive services such as financial coaching, homeowner counseling, enrollment in IDA programs and events. This role will also collaborate with Habitat staff and partner agencies to meet the goals set by the organization’s strategic plan.
Selection and Outreach
· Manage all aspects of the homebuyer application process in compliance with relevant state and federal regulations.
· Revise policies and procedures for homebuyer application process = in accordance with the organization’s strategic plan.
· With other department staff, refine policies and procedures for the homeownership program, as needed.
· Oversee the implementation of the annual plan for outreach to potential program applicants.
· Work in collaboration with local homeownership counseling agencies to identify buyers for moderate-income program.
· Manage all aspects of homebuyer support, including initial program orientation, education, and financial coaching.
· Work collaboratively with the Education and Post Purchase Manager to provide direction for the design and implementation of the pre-purchase education program.
· Oversee homebuyer completion of all pre-purchase program requirements (i.e., sweat equity hours, mandatory classes, and quarterly check-in meetings).
· Provide direction for the design and implementation of homebuyer support events, such as resource fairs, community gatherings, and dedications.
· Maintain oversight of the Habitat Homeownership IDA matched savings program.
· Oversee income and credit verification process prior to closing.
· Refer homebuyers for financial counseling when necessary.
· Supervise 2-3 employees
· Serve as an articulate, enthusiastic, and visible spokesperson for the organization.
· Manage the collection and sharing of data needed for evaluation, reporting, resource development, advocacy, and communication.
· Maintain loan originator certification.
· Create and sustain strong working partnerships with other members of the team and contribute to Habitat’s culture of teamwork and collaboration.
· Create and sustain strong working partnerships with Habitat’s partner organizations, including AAAH, PHC, NAYA and PCRI
· Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
· Four or more years of experience working within affordable housing programs, specifically affordable homeownership.
· Ability to effectively guide and develop a team of homeownership professionals that work closely with families and individuals in need of safe, affordable housing.
· Ability to display empathy, observe and listen effectively with diverse populations and communities of color.
· Strong analytical, organizational, and planning skills and the ability to think strategically.
· Ability to handle, prioritize and efficiently complete a very high work volume with constant changes and strict deadlines, and appropriately delegate projects and tasks to your team.
· Comfortable working in a collaborative environment, as part of a team as well as independently.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, effective with diverse audiences.
· Highly proficient with Microsoft Office, databases, and ability to learn as needs of the job and available technology evolves.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, open, team-oriented, business casual office.
· Able to work evenings and weekends, as necessary.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
· Written and verbal fluency in Vietnamese, Arabic, Burmese, Spanish, Russian, or Amharic.
· Experience working with Salesforce or similar CRMs.
· Ability to read and interpret credit reports
· Understanding of affordable housing and barriers to homeownership specific to the Portland metro area
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Health insurance (medical, vision, alternative, prescription)
- Health reimbursement arrangement (HRA)
- Dental insurance
- Generous paid time off
- 3% matching 403(b) retirement plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- And more!
How to Apply:
Submit the following materials at: https://tinyurl.com/habpdxjobs
- Cover letter addressing how your personal and professional experiences have prepared you for this position.
- Three professional references
Employment is contingent on passing a background check.
Habitat for Humanity Portland Region hires a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all employees can thrive. Habitat for Humanity Portland Region is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.