Reporting to the Executive Director, the Homeownership Program Director directs all operations of Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity’s (AAHH) Homeownership Programs including program outreach and selection, homebuyer education, mortgage origination, underwriting, post-closing support, and portfolio management. This position is a member of the staff leadership team and provides collaborative leadership to achieve the mid and long-range goals in all aspects of AAHH’s work.
- Manage Homeownership Program staff to meet the affiliate strategic and annual goals.
- Oversee all aspects of AAHH’s new homeownership and home repair programs, from recruitment of families through the closing process.
- Ensure all aspects of AAHH’s loan processing for homeownership and home repair comply with all municipal, state and federal laws.
- Monitor the performance of AAHH’s mortgage portfolio and collaborate with the AAHH finance department and outside loan servicer to address delinquencies.
- Manage the collection and sharing of data and stories as needed for evaluation, reporting, resource development, advocacy, and communication.
- Adapt existing programs or design new programs as needed to respond to changing local needs and/or opportunities.
- Ensure Homeownership Program reporting meets the needs of the affiliate and Habitat for Humanity International.
- Ensure established and new Homeowner Associations in AAHH communities are effective.
- Serve as the staff liaison for all Family Services Committees.
- Create and oversee the annual Homeownership Program operational budget.
- Cultivate relationships with local housing providers and community-based organizations to advance the goals of the Homeownership Program.
- Create and oversee the implementation of annual affirmative marketing plans to potential buyers and home repair clients.
- As a member of the AAHH Leadership Team, collaborate with peers and the Executive Director on operational and strategic decisions putting the needs of the affiliate ahead of those of the department.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- BA in a related field or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in affordable housing, community development, mortgage lending, or financial literacy.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a supervisory role with demonstrable success managing, and developing individuals and teams.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in non-profit program management with demonstrable success designing, launching and evaluating programs.
- Knowledge of mortgage lending and fair housing regulations required. Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) license preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with one or more of the following preferred: rural housing, policy advocacy, community land trusts, social service navigation, manufactured housing, or CDFIs.
- A commitment to racial and economic equity and proven experience working successfully with diverse stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Comfortable taking initiative and able to translate vision/strategy into actionable plans.
- Demonstrated commitment to the values and the mission of AAHH.
To apply email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.