Expanding affordable housing to make life better for all of us, one affordable home at a time.
Use your real estate expertise to make a difference!
We are proud to announce a great opportunity for someone with experience in real estate development, and a passion for affordable housing, to step up to a leadership position.
The Wisconsin Partnership for Housing Development (WPHD), located in Madison, Wisconsin, is conducting an executive search, with the retained assistance of The QTI Group, to hire an Executive Director.
A nonprofit organization founded in 1985, WPHD promotes access to affordable housing in communities across Wisconsin through program management, housing development, and consulting.
For a longer document with more information about the organization and the opportunity: tinyurl.com/supeno6
Reporting to the Board of Directors and managing a team of three, the Executive Director is responsible for ensuring that the real estate development activities and other WPHD programs advance WPHD’s mission, vision, policy and strategic plan. The Executive Director is ultimately responsible for implementing the policies set by the Board of Directors to achieve the purpose of the organization.
The position is located at the Wisconsin Partnership for Housing Development’s headquarters office in Madison, Wisconsin. WPHD’s Executive Director divides time between the Madison office and a branch office in Milwaukee, plus visits to real estate development projects and partners around Wisconsin as needed.
Residence in, or relocation to, commuting range of the greater Madison/Milwaukee metro area is expected.
Real Estate Development
- Identify development opportunities that improve access to affordable housing in Wisconsin and elsewhere
- Work collaboratively with local partners and other nonprofit and for-profit organizations to develop affordable housing
- Maintain awareness of trends in the housing market and changes in policy that may impact affordable housing development
- Work with local communities to support their affordable housing development activities as necessary
- Maintain contact with stakeholders, formally and informally so WPHD can respond effectively to local opportunities
- Identify financial and other resources to support WPHD housing development activities
- Identify key issues in WPHD’s evolution and new opportunities for WPHD to carry out its mission, make recommendations to the Board of Directors on new program initiatives
- Ensure that WPHD’s strategic plan is updated no less often than every five years
- Take a lead role in identifying and pursuing new programs and activities that can support WPHD’s mission
- Act as a primary liaison between WPHD and other national or local organizations of which WPHD is a member or with which WPHD has regular relationships. Currently, WPHD participates as a State Partner as part of the National Low Income Housing Coalition (NLIHC) and is a member of National Community Reinvestment Coalition, Take Root Milwaukee, and several other state and local organizations that promote affordable housing
Work with Board of Directors
- Provide information and recommendations to the Board of Directors to help them exercise their role in policy making, new initiatives, strategic planning, program monitoring and evaluation and fiduciary oversight
Financial and Personnel Management
- Ensure that all appropriate financial policies and procedures are followed
- Approve final hiring and termination decisions and make final decisions on any questions regarding interpretation of WPHD’s personnel policies
- Engage in fund raising and new business development to support organizational efforts
Public policy development and advocacy
- Identify: (1) opportunities for new local, state or federal legislation or changes in existing legislation or regulations that would further WPHD’s mission and business objectives, and (2) for committing staff time or other resources in support of initiatives undertaken by members of the state Legislature, the Congress and any state or federal Executive Branch agencies
- Maintain contacts with stakeholders and other organizations with which we could work as allies on policy development and advocacy
WPHD is seeking candidates with …
- Strong real estate expertise, including real estate development and investment analysis experience
- Knowledge of federal, state and local housing programs (notably the federal HOME and CDBG programs)
- Knowledge of government mandates, and government decision-making political processes
- Corporate finance, managerial accounting and project management skills
- The ability to think creatively about housing finance, and willingness to advocate for resources for affordable housing
- Demonstrated track record of success mentoring and motivating staff, and managing diverse teams to accomplish a wide range of business objectives
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work well with a diverse team in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment
- Capacity to travel by car around the state of Wisconsin as needed on WPHD business, including regular visits (approximately 1 day/week) to WPHD’s Milwaukee office
For best consideration, please apply confidentially here by January 20, 2020.
This is a great opportunity for someone with real estate development experience and a passion for affordable housing to make a difference, one affordable home at a time.