The Essex Community Land Trust (ECLT) is looking for an executive director to manage the day to day activities of the organization, including growing the organization; raising funds; developing and executing projects; building partnerships with nonprofit, for-profit, and government organization; promoting the CLT concept; and being the face of the organization.
Launched in 2011, ECLT strengthen communities by providing permanently affordable housing and financial empowerment opportunities for low- to moderate-income individuals and working families throughout Essex County. ECLT works to provide permanent affordable homeownership opportunities, warn against predatory mortgages; facilitate homeowner and financial success education; diversify neighborhoods; increase the length of deed restrictions; and provide ongoing stewardship over homes located on CLT land.
- Program development.
- Education and outreach.
- Organizational leadership.
- Financial management including budget preparation, analysis, and reporting.
- Hire, supervise, and train interns and staff as needed.
- College degree with experience in housing development, economic development, community development, and community organizing. Relevant experience can be substituted for a degree.
- Knowledge of and commitment to this model of real estate development and affordable housing.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to write and speak persuasively.
- Nonprofit administrative experience including in fiscal management and staff supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to raise public and private funds.
- Experience working with an all-volunteer board of directors.
- A commitment to community development and revitalization.
- A balance between big-picture thinking and devotion to detail.
- A calm personality with a good sense of humor.
Please send a cover letter explaining why you’re interested and why we should be interested in you, a résumé, and writing samples by Sept. 3, 2019 to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
ECLT is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to racial justice and actively seeks a diverse pool of candidates. Individuals from under-represented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.