NeighborWorks America: Working Together For Stronger Communities
Purpose of Division: Success Measures is a leading evaluation resource organization that operates as a social enterprise within NeighborWorks America to provide a range of evaluation services and products to nonprofit organizations, funders, intermediaries and public agencies in the housing, community development, financial capability and health fields, broadly defined. For more information on Success Measures, please visit www.successmeasures.org.
Close Date: Posting closes at 12:01am (EST) on the date listed below (the night before at 11:59pm EST).
Position Summary: The Director, Success Measures Partnerships is responsible for leading external relations and new business and partnership development for the social enterprise. This includes establishing strategies and carrying out processes and activities to secure new clients for Success Measures evaluation services and products among community-based organizations, intermediaries, foundations, public agencies and other local, state and national nonprofit organizations. The Director, Partnerships conducts outreach among key individuals and organizations within these potential client groups, does market research, assesses the market potential of key market segments and develops effective strategies to engage new partners and clients, retain or expand work with current partners, and seek capital or other funds for special initiatives to build and sustain the Success Measures social enterprise. In this role, the Director is a key part of the leadership team of the social enterprise including planning for new opportunities and growth as well as helping to strategically represent and position Success Measures as a thought leader and expert in the community development outcome evaluation marketplace. This position also oversees the development of communication materials, website presence and other branding and visibility efforts for Success Measures.
1. Conducts multi-level partner and resource development activities for the Success Measures social enterprise to secure new client relationships, funding support and enhanced visibility within philanthropy the community development fields, and to position the social enterprise to meet program growth and financial targets for long term sustainability. Responsibilities include:
- Identifies, researches and prioritizes prospective funders, partners and clients for Success Measures.
- Develops and implements outreach and partner development plans and strategies for key market segments to enable Success Measures to reach a broad range of audiences among community-based organizations, funders and intermediaries in the housing, community development, financial capability and health fields, broadly defined.
- Develops and maintains networks of contacts in these fields to stay abreast of key trends, peer initiatives and funding or project opportunities.
- Provides independent research, analysis and recommendations for the Success Measures VP on a variety of fundraising and partner development issues.
- Develops scopes of work and corresponding cost estimates to meet client needs; prepares proposals and collateral materials for funding or other submissions.
- Coordinates with internal departments and divisions responsible for NeighborWorks America’s resource development to ensure synergy and compliance with corporate policies and goals.
- Negotiates and closes deals for sponsorships/partnerships; fosters and manages relationships with key partners and funders.
- Establishes and maintains systems to track the potential new partner and client pipeline, forecast revenues and analyze trends in client base.
2. Develops and implements an overall information and visibility strategy to effectively communicate Success Measures accomplishments and activities to a variety of external audiences. Responsibilities include:
- Identifies and develops content to highlight effective use of evaluation by Success Measures client organizations and to position Success Measures as an expert and thought leader in the community development evaluation field.
- Coordinates with internal departments and divisions responsible for NeighborWorks America’s external communications and branding to ensure synergy and compliance with corporate policies and goals.
- Develops or oversees the development of communication materials, articles, speeches, web content and other media needed to effectively communicate Success Measures accomplishments and activities to a variety of external audiences.
- Develops and delivers presentations on the Success Measures outcome-based evaluation approach, consulting/technical assistance services and the related Success Measures Data System for key funder and community development audiences.
- Coordinates input and participation of Success Measures team members in marketing and outreach activities, drawing on specialties and expertise within the team to best meet the needs of different audiences.
- Supervises the Success Measures Marketing and Communication Manager and other staff or fundraising and marketing consultants, writers, web and graphic designers to effectively implement Success Measures marketing and communications strategies.
3. Contributes to Success Measures business planning, growth strategies and enterprise leadership. Responsibilities include:
- Researching and developing market segmentation, marketing strategies and resource forecasts for multi-year business plans.
- Analyzing external factors in community development and philanthropy to consider in business planning.
- Examining peer organizations, technologies and other competitors to effectively position the Success Measures enterprise for growth and sustainability.
4. Represents Success Measures by attending and presenting at conferences, networking opportunities and other housing, community development, financial capability or health industry events.
5. Stays informed about outcome evaluation trends in the community development field in order to explore relevance for Success Measures. Keeps current with publications, best practices, research and events in the field.
6. Other job-related duties as assigned.
Nature of Work Contacts: Conduct outreach with external partners and potential partners including national, regional and local foundations, intermediaries and nonprofit organizations to build relationships, seek resources, sell products and services and establish collaborative project ventures. Work with peer organizations including evaluation and research firms, outside consultants or vendors, intermediaries and other nonprofits to develop project teams for bids and proposals or to develop communication strategies and materials. Work with NeighborWorks® America leaders, staff, NWOs, and other outside partners to report on, coordinate and communicate the work of the Success Measures social enterprise. These contacts include:
- Professionals and key stakeholders from the housing and community development field, broadly defined, including Individuals from regional and national foundations, financial institutions, intermediaries, other funders including government agencies and a wide range of national, state and local nonprofit organizations.
- NeighborWorks® America leadership, managers and staff
- NeighborWorks® Organizations and other community-based housing/community development organizations nationally.
- External consultants including marketing and resource development consultants, writers, web and graphic designers, editors and others.
Fiscal Responsibilities: Develops a pipeline of potential and secures contracts and grants to support a $2.5 million to $4.0 million annual budget for the social enterprise. This includes developing appropriate scopes of work, timelines, staffing estimates and implementation plans for small- and large-scale evaluation projects. Also manages single and multi-year project budgets for website and other communications projects and strategies.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
(a) Education: A graduate degree (or bachelor’s degree plus equivalent additional relevant experience) in business, resource development, urban planning, evaluation, community development or public policy or related field. Will consider relevant professional experience in lieu of a degree.
(b) Experience: 10+ years of related professional experience in management and leadership positions in the housing and community development or related fields, including philanthropy, social enterprise, business, marketing and communications.
(c) Licenses, Certifications: None
(d) Competencies, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: An equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the following knowledge, abilities, and skills:
- Considerable experience in community development, philanthropy and resource development.
- Knowledge of community development evaluation and public policy issues.
- Established network of contacts in the community development and philanthropic communities.
- Strong ability to identify opportunities, initiate meaningful contact with key people; and build and maintain professional relationships for client or funder cultivation.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, oral communication abilities and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and direct projects and programs from inception through completion, including development of project scopes of work and budgets for consulting engagements and other types of proposals.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple work activities, and to work both independently and collaboratively with colleagues in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to develop, organize, facilitate and deliver presentations and business meetings.
- Proven experience as proactive planner and problem-solver.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills and success in coordinating professional teams while organizing and prioritizing multiple and complex tasks and projects to effectively meet critical deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills for communication and collaboration with internal staff and external funders and partners from diverse backgrounds.
- Representative work products that demonstrate qualifications.
- Maintain regular and timely attendance.
(e) NeighborWorks America Staff are expected to demonstrate excellence in the following:
- Sensitivity to racial, gender, sexual orientation and cultural differences
- Effective, respectful, and timely communications with internal and external stakeholders
- Listening effectively, seeks and accepts feedback
- Effective team work
- Analytic, thoughtful and strategic thinking
- Considering the mission, objectives, and goals of NeighborWorks and demonstrating an understanding of the impact of her/his/their decisions and behavior on the organization.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access) required.
- Familiarity with Adobe, Publisher or other publication applications.
(a) Travel: Travel up to 20% – 25%
(b) Physical/Sensory Demands: Fast paced working environment, with extensive computer use and technological communication.
Special Provisions: None specified
Apply here: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2503713