The Director of Finance and Operations oversees the finance and accounting, loan portfolio management, information technology, human resources, and facilities operations of the Metropolitan Consortium of Community Developers (MCCD). Core to the position and to the organization is MCCD’s status as a certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI). The Director of Finance plays a key leadership role in guiding MCCD’s financial and mission success as a CDFI. This role is a member of the Senior Leadership Team including Director of Small Business Lending & TA, Director of Policy, and President/CEO. This position directly oversees the internal accounting team, supervises the Loan Program Manager, and human resources functions. This leadership position requires the ability to collaboratively develop and implement financial strategies that integrate a holistic array of programs offered by the organization, including lending, strategic consulting, board development, financial guidance, online resources, training, and fiscal sponsorship.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The following list is not designed to comprise a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Lead the planning, organizing, and supervision of the financial and accounting functions that support the organization’s teams, programs, projects, and mission success.
- Oversee the operational functions of MCCD, including loan portfolio management, facilities, data management, information technology, office systems, and procedures.
- Supervise and guide the human resources function of the organization, including compensation practices, benefits design, and hiring processes.
- Direct budget process that collaboratively involves board and staff leadership.
- Oversee compliance and outside evaluation including audit, federal grant reporting, and CDFI rating process.
- Act as a thought leader in the area of nonprofit finance through writing, speaking, and training on nonprofit accounting and finance topics.
- Leadership experience supervising and guiding staff, including those who are themselves managers and directors.
- Experience and success in developing strategy and guiding staff and organizations towards long-term goals.
- Excellence in managing projects from conception to completion.
- Significant technical expertise in nonprofit accounting, including knowledge of and proficiency implementing FASB standards and GAAP accounting principles.
- Ability to listen to and effectively communicate support to staff and clients.
- Commitment to quality customer service to other staff across all programs.
- Ability to simplify and communicate complex accounting principles for staff and clients.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Commitment to working in collaboration with diverse groups of staff and clients.
Education and Other Training
- 8+ years of experience in nonprofit accounting and/or financial management.
- 5+ years of experience successfully supervising and managing a professional staff team.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and nonprofit accounting principles.
- BA or BS degree, ideally in accounting, business, or financial management or related field.
- Experience in accounting and financial process design and development.
- Experience with regulatory and compliance reporting required of nonprofit organizations and CDFIs.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and résumé (both required) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Finance” in the subject line; or via mail to MCCD, c/o Greg Gramza, 3137 Chicago Avenue S., Minneapolis, MN 55407.
Application deadline: open until filled. MCCD is an equal opportunity employer. No phone calls please.