The Florida Housing Coalition, a statewide nonprofit providing training and technical assistance on all things affordable housing, is seeking a Communications Director. This position reports directly to the CEO, and is supported by a Communications Manager and a Graphic Designer. The Communications Director will implement the strategy for marketing new initiatives, website, public relations messages, and collateral to further the mission of the Florida Housing Coalition.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the annual communications plan
- Lead the generation of online content
- Draft press releases
- Design marketing materials for new initiatives
- Assist the staff responsible for the Coalition’s website administration and coordination
- Coordinate webpage maintenance—ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly
- Assist with the development of all print and electronic collateral such as brochures, quarterly Journal, and the Coalition’s digital presence.
- Assist with media contacts and messaging
The most important qualification is ability. Years of experience and educational qualifications will help inform the hiring choice, but ultimately, the decision of whom to hire will be based on proven ability. The ideal candidate will be someone who is well versed in affordable housing and shares our passion for this work. The ability to take knowledge and transform it into exciting and useful messages and disseminate it to the right audiences through the best distribution channels is critical.
Specific requirements include:
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Excellent marketing skills
- A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives to further the mission
This position can be filled remotely. We are open to full or part time staff employment or to a consulting arrangement with an independent contractor. Pay/salary/benefits will depend upon which arrangement is made.
Send resume, writing sample, and cover letter to Ross@flhousing.org with Communications Director position in the subject line.