ABOUT THE POSITION: The Director of Asset Management oversees all aspects of Compass Housing Alliance’s housing portfolio management, as well as housing operations. This includes but not limited to, assessing property performances and leading solutions to challenges that arise, analyzing financial performance, assisting in in the development of new capital projects, and ensuring Compass continues to provide quality properties in the form of homes and shelters for current and future generations of Compass guests and residents. The Director is responsible for the establishment of clear portfolio goals, action plans and critical problem-solving support, consistent with the agency’s strategic mission and plans. This is a highly collaborative, executive leadership role, partnering closely with all leaders within the agency.
LOCATION: South Lake Union Neighborhood (Seattle, WA)
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SCHEDULE: Weekdays (plus evenings & weekends as needed)
SALARY RANGE: DOE and within Compass ranges
FULL TIME BENEFITS: Unlimited Orca Transportation Pass, Medical/Prescription/Vision, Dental, $500 Health Flexible Spending Account
4 Weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO) & 11 Paid Holidays, Retirement Plan, Employee Assistance Program
• Bachelor’s degree in business, construction management, or another related field is strongly desired. Or relevant work experience, certificate and/or equivalent continuing professional development or education.
• 10+ years of experience in a housing organization or other related area.
• 10+ years of experience in leadership roles involving responsibility for staff management, program or business operations, and compliance.
• 5 years’ experience working in a complex facilities environment.
• 5 years’ experience in construction/project management.
• Experience managing contracts.
• Experience with housing authorities highly desirable.
• Compassion, tolerance and a strong desire to serve others are required attributes of success in this position.
• Awareness and/or training around issues of equity, intersectionality, and belonging.
• Familiarity with issues of homelessness, mental illness, substance abuse, sexual assault, and/or domestic violence, desired.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT:
Compass Housing Alliance is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and treats all employees and applicants equally without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, creed, disability, familial status, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, parental status, political ideology, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, use of section 8 certificate, use of service animal, and all other groups protected by law, and promotes diversity in its workforce. Compass Housing Alliance takes affirmative action to implement programs and maintain practices and policies that eliminate barriers to equal employment opportunity. Our program is available for review by employees and applicants for employment in the Human Resources Office during regular office hours. In compliance with the ADA Amendment Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department via phone at 206-474-1100 or via e-mail at HRInfo@compasshousingalliance.org.