ReBUILD Metro is seeking a Development Manager.
The mission of ReBUILD Metro is to restore the history and prosperity of distressed neighborhoods by rebuilding homes and fostering enduring community relationships.
The primary role of a Development Manager is to manage projects through the Pre-Development phase and provide ongoing project support during the Construction and Occupancy phases. This process primarily includes activities in Planning, Acquisition, Design/Engineering, Project Finance, zoning and construction approvals and grant administration with some involvement in Construction Administration and Marketing activities.
- Responsible for identification, engagement, management and oversight of external consultants for the performance of site-specific real estate acquisition due diligence processes to ensure due diligence is completed within prescribed time frames of the Lease or Agreement of Sale.
- Review and independently assess due diligence materials to identify and quantify physical and/or regulatory constraints and impediments that would preclude development, use and or adversely impact the financial viability of the property acquisition for its intended use such as infrastructure deficiencies, property access, utility availability, impact fees, off-site, environmental contamination and subsurface soil conditions and communicate findings.
- Identify and communicate unforeseen site conditions impacting development cost not contemplated in the initial project development proforma and quantify associated excess order of magnitude costs for inclusion and updating site development costs in the proforma to insure project viability is maintained.
- Identify project entitlement processes necessary and determine land use permit approval time frames to establish a target construction project start date for communication to the project team.
- Direct and oversee consultant preparation of location specific conceptual site development plans based on site and property physical and regulatory constraints utilizing corporate standards as a basis for real estate committee approval.
- Responsible for selecting, managing and directing activities of external consultants to obtain Zoning, Entitlement and right to build permit approvals necessary for project development approval.
- During entitlement and approval processes communicate any issues or requirements that may arise that were not identified in due diligence phase that would adversely affect proforma cost estimate, development approval time frame or project feasibility. Negotiate development improvement agreements and financial surety requirements with governmental entities.
- Represent the company in meetings as necessary to discuss project specific issues requiring resolution for entitlement approvals. Identify and communicate substantive issues that may adversely impact entitlement approvals and provide recommended course of action to resolve and to ensure successful project entitlement and permitting.
- Perform real estate site and pre-development processes, including coordination with internal departments. Continually update and forecast milestone dates for entitlements and pad delivery and construction.
- Oversee design consultant work schedules to insure development approval and project deliverable schedules are satisfied.
- Oversee the tracking of project specific status of real estate development, due diligence, entitlements, approvals and permitting and communicate to the appropriate Development Team Members.
- Perform review of design construction documents for conformance with ReBUILD Metro, Inc. standard design criteria, constructability and perform value engineering review to insure design documents are cost effective.
- Bachelor’s Degree in real estate finance, urban planning, or a related field. Master's degree preferred, five plus years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer skills required: Spreadsheet Software (Excel); Word Processing Software (Word); Electronic Mail Software (Outlook); Presentation software (PowerPoint). Knowledge of database systems, Adobe Creative Illustrator and InDesign, ArcGIS/QGIS, or AutoCAD preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong computer skills, emphasis on Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project
- Dispute Resolution
- Financial and Job Cost Accounting Knowledge
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency
- Ability to read, understand and develop construction drawings and specifications
Knowledge and understanding of zoning, planning, construction documents, and environmental standards and policies.
IF INTERESTED, SUBMIT RESUME TO RECRUITMENT@REBUILDMETRO.COM.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.