Chief Property Management Officer Sought
The Community Development Partnership (CDP) seeks a Chief Property Management Officer to lead the expansion of our property management of affordable rental homes on the Lower Cape. The CDP nurtures a vibrant Lower Cape Cod region by promoting environmental and economic sustainability, expanding opportunities for low- and moderate-income residents, and preserving our unique cultural and historic character.
At the Community Development Partnership, we create opportunities for people to live, work and thrive on the Lower Cape. We preserve existing homes, and create new affordable rental opportunities. We support and strengthen local small businesses, as they start-up and grow. We protect our fragile natural environment.
For 26 years, the CDP has been a leader in developing and delivering innovative programs that foster an economically and environmentally sustainable Lower Cape Cod community. As a community development corporation, we value economic diversity and are committed to the inclusion and participation of local area residents, business owners and leaders in setting our priorities.
The Chief Property Management Officer
The Chief Property Management Officer will lead the CDP’s Property Management Department in the management of the CDP’s existing portfolio of 72 affordable rental homes and in the expansion of the Department to manage 100 to 150 additional units. The successful candidate will manage an annual budget of over $1 M and supervise a staff of two to four employees.
The Chief Property Management Officer will work out of our office in Eastham, and report to the Chief Executive Officer. S/he will serve as a member of the organization’s senior management team. The Chief Property Management Officer will manage the rent up of a new 26-unit property as well as well as identify and pursue additional opportunities to expand the portfolio of managed units.
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial professional with ambition and strong leadership skills. We seek a collaborative and dependable team player, who is passionate about the work, and enjoys coming up with new ideas as well as overseeing existing programs.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrate a high level of property management and asset management expertise, analytical ability, financial acumen, real estate software knowledge, personal energy, ability to multi-task and deal with stress. Past experience in Marketing is a plus
- Work to recruit, train, motivate and retain the highest caliber property management staff for all positions within the assigned portfolio. Provide support to ensure the success of the portfolio and to help make the CDP the leading multifamily property management company on the Lower Cape
- Ensure that systems are in place or created to maximize resident and employee safety and health, and to preserve the physical assets
- Design, implement and support programs with property staff and Resident Services for the improvement of residents' Exhibit a genuine interest for those of lower income who rely on affordable rental housing
- Make certain that contracts are professionally prepared and that adequate specifications are contractually incorporated for all major repair work undertaken on site
- Establish positive, productive relationships with all funding/regulatory agencies which support the residents and the communities in the CDP's portfolio
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state laws including anti-discrimination and anti-harassment laws and regulations. Qualified candidates should possess a working knowledge of some or all of the following initiatives:
- Requirements for federal housing programs such as Low Income Housing Tax Credits LIHTC);
- HUD Section 8 Project and Tenant Based programs;
- Rural Development 515 and Rental Assistance programs;
- FHA mortgage insurance programs as well as state funded housing programs.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to manage new or existing properties and develop other opportunities for growth
- Confidence in creating effective solutions for how to deal with challenges or problems
- Schedule and prepare thorough updates of property status and special issues in meetings with property management staff and CDP leadership
- Prepare an annual operating budget for each property and meet those annual goals as established by ownership
- Assist the CEO in supporting public policy matters on a state and national level which will provide the resources necessary to successfully manage the portfolio
- Complete other tasks assigned by the CEO
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in property management, asset management, development and related fields (project finance, construction and acquisition/rehab)
- Proficiency in use of computers including Word and Excel and other property management and financial reporting software
- Knowledge of HUD and USDA RD regulations, forms, inspection criteria and processes and the low income housing tax credit program
- Ability to work periodic flexible hours is required. Ability to travel by automobile is required
- Ability to understand financial statements and accounting as it relates to apartment operations
Education and Experience:
B.A. or B.S. preferred. Candidates for this position should also possess relevant experience and knowledge in some or all of the following areas: Housing and community development, especially affordable housing (public housing preferably) and the regulations and financing applicable to the industry; Mixed income, mixed use development, and master planning.
The Selection Process
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, to Jay Coburn, CEO, Community Development Partnership, email@example.com No phone calls or letters please. Applications will be reviewed and acknowledged on a rolling basis. We seek to fill this position by September 1, 2018.
Salary is commensurate with experience. The CDP provides a generous package of benefits including health & dental insurance, vacation and sick time, and retirement benefits. See www.capecdp.org for more information about the Community Development Partnership.
The CDP is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.